Saturday, January 07, 2006

Where Did the Holidays Go?

It's almost a week into the new year and I must admit I wasn't ready for the old year to end. No, it's not that I had a super year that I never wanted to end, rather there were too many things left unfinished.

We would like to think that due to our Thanksgiving trip to New York City and Connecticut we got behind on our holiday decorating and our Christmas cards. Perhaps that is the reason .... Regardless, the decorations went up (but not for as long as Roberta prefers), most of the outdoor lights were lit (thanks to Spencer's initiative), and now the decorations are down (but waiting to be packed away). The artificial tree is however a different story - it's only 1/3 dismantled since I can't finish with it until the decorations are boxed (at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

So, if I can make one new years resolution (that I hope to keep) it would be that I need to start and finish the Christmas holiday on time this year.

No comments: